This year we’ll organize IQMF Academy for the second time, from the 6th - 8th of december 2017! IQMF Academy is a three-day workshop program for young and emerging queer & migrant filmmakers. The purpose of IQMF Academy is to make young filmmakers more sensitive for topics which deal with the marginalization of migrants worldwide and for queer migrants in particular.
You are eligible to apply for IQMF Academy when you are:
- filmmaker or working in film (scenario, camera, editing etc.) with queer & migrant background;
- you have produced at least one film (or you are currently working on your first production);
IQMF Academy takes place in Amsterdam from December 6-8, 2017. You need to be in Amsterdam on Dec. 5th for registration and an informal evening program. Your travel costs to/from Amsterdam and accomodation costs in Amsterdam will be covered for a maximum of 3 nights. You can attend IQMF Festival film screenings for free.
Please submit by the submission form below before October 8th.
The selection is based on the following criteria:
- professional quality and working experience of the participants;
- professional experience in queer & migrant related projects;
- sensibility to queer & migrant related issues;
- regions with cultural diversity and specific cultural identity;
- balance between the variety of professional background, cultural and linguistic origins;
- attention to equality of women and men and the diversity of the LGBT spectrum.