This year we will organize the third edition of IQMF Academy, from December 5-7, 2018 in Amsterdam! IQMF Academy is an extensive three-day workshop program for young and emerging queer & migrant filmmakers. The program offers a comprehensive introduction to IQMF Festival, the professional market and networking opportunities. Film students are eligible for the IQMF Academy. Workshops will be conducted by John Badalu (Berlinale delegate), Ana David (IndieLisboa) and Rikki Beadle Blair (film & theater director from London) amongst others.
You are eligible to apply for IQMF Academy when you are:
- filmmaker or working in film (directing, scenario, camera, editing etc.) with queer & migrant background;
- you have produced at least one film related to queer & migrant issues;
- preferably you are in production with a new film which you will pitch during IQMF Academy;
IQMF Academy takes place in Amsterdam from December 5 -7, 2018. You need to arrive in Amsterdam on Dec. 4th for registration and the informal evening program.
Your travel costs to/from Amsterdam and accommodation costs in Amsterdam will be covered for a maximum of 3 nights. You have free admission to festival screenings with your festival badge.
Please submit by the submission form below before 31st of August 2018!
The selection is based on the following criteria:
- professional quality and working experience of the participants;
- professional experience in queer & migrant related projects;
- sensibility to queer & migrant related issues;
- regions with cultural diversity and specific cultural identity;
- balance between the variety of professional background, cultural and linguistic origins;
- attention to gender balance of participants and diversity of the LGBTIQ spectrum;